Sunday, January 20, 2008

First week back on the Isla

Mis Amores,

I love yall. I am back and rocking. Thanks for those of yall that care and saw me over break. Ha. For those of yall that missed out, wait seven months for your next chance.

Bueno....I have rekindled my friendships down here on the island. Great news. Mario (aka Super Mario) recently told my friend Rachel how much he likes me. He went on to ask her what religion we were. In the past, he has seen Christianity turn their back on him because of his lifestyle. However, seeing the witness of my friend Rachel and I, he has become curious about what OUR RELIGION is about. Mario told Rachel that he has a Bible in Spanish, but doesnt know how to read. Perfect. Guess who gets to read and share scripture with him? That is right....God has set this up to be an amazing opportunity for me to tell this Dominican man about Jesus. I am stoked. Pray for that.

Besides receiving hugs and warm greetings back to the island, I have been getting dirty. Life as a missionary does not keep you clean 24/7. Out at Makarios' land, a team of Dominicans and Haitians, Garrett, and I have been pickaxing, shoveling and hauling sand, dirt, and mud out of a huge hole. What is this hole? A swimming pool? I wish but no. Actually, we are working on our massive 35 thousand gallon cistern. While the nationals and Garrett flung the dirt up 15 feet, I scurried to hurl the earth particles away from the edges. Real man work. After every days work, I feel muscles I never knew I had.

Please continue to pray for me. If yall email me, I would absolutely love it. My email address is real simple: westonwoodward@gmail.com. Memorize it.

No comments: