Monday, December 31, 2007

Texas, Our Texas

Howdy folks,

I am back in the great Lonestar State.  What did I do when I first got back?  Well, I have eaten lots and lots of Tex Mex.  This plan sounded amazing, but I found out first hand that going from a diet of rice, beans, and chicken to jalapenos can wreck you.  Ha.  While my body has been adjusting, I have spent incredible relax time with my family in Brenham.  On the island, I told myself that I needed to have a true Texas Experience when I came home.  I can say I have fulfilled my expectations completely by accomplishing the following:

1.  Coyote hunting
2.  TexMex
3.  Hog hunting
4.  Bluebell eating (made in my hometown)
5.  Backroad driving (in my dad's pickup)
6.  Absorbed a outdoor cowboy Christmas village (Santa's Wonderland in BCS)
7.  Shot a .357 revolver

All in all, I have thoroughly enjoyed my break.  It has been shocking to see the differences between here and there (island).  By January 14th, I will be ready to head back on down to my home for the year and continue sharing the love of Jesus to the Dominican and Haitians.

Keep me in your prayers,

Weston

No comments: